The Oldest and Greatest Boxing Stadium in Thailand. Former Prime Minister Field Marshal P. Pibulsongkram gave orders a national boxing stadium to be built on Rajadamnern Avenue in 1941. The order came two years after the government issued an expropriation Act to land owners to surrender their properties along Rajadamnern Avenue so that the government could build its office buildings in accordance with the city plan. The office of the Crown Property was assigned to carry out the project. The initial idea was to build the stadium at Misakawan Garden area, on the corner between Pitsanoloke Road and Rajadamnern Nok Avenue. Later, the formerly-selected site was switched to the present one because the land was too small for the size of the stadium. The stadium, now still standing on the same site, is situated on Rajadamnern Nok avenue, at the corner of Panieng Road, opposite Chullachomklao Military Academy.